This caprese chicken foil pack meal is supa easy! The perfect main component for lunch, dinner or even on the braai!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Did You Know Supa Mama® kitchen foil is made from
You will need:
- Supa Mama® kitchen foil (heavy duty foil for the braai)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 200 g fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 large plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of pepper
- Fresh basil leaves, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 180°
- First, slice 3-4 deep diagonal slices into each of your chicken breasts. Make sure you don’t cut all the way through.
- Lay out 4 (roughly 30x30cm) sheets of foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Place a chicken breast in the center of each piece of foil.
- Place a half a slice of tomato and 1 mozzarella slice in each slit of the chicken breasts.
- Spoon about a teaspoon of pesto into each slit in chicken breasts. Sprinkle breasts with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Fold up the foil edges making sure there is a tight seal but still space for heat circulation and expansion.
- Place foil packs onto a baking tray and set in the oven for 20 minutes or place then on the braai grid and cook for 15-20 minutes rotating as needed.
- Once done, remove from the oven or braai and carefully open the foil pack. Garnish with fresh basil and serve with a side of veggies or chips.
Adjust your cooking times for the braai temperature. Be sure to open the foil pack carefully as it gets very hot inside! The chicken creates a lot of juice, this is normal, just remove your chicken from the foil or drain to serve.