Oven baked hash browns because sometimes you just need a classic comfort food! SUPA delicious, easy-to-make!
Serves: 4 people (2 small hash browns each)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
You will need:
- Supa Mama® kitchen foil
- 2 medium potatoes, grated
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped or grated
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 100g cheese, grated
- A dash of garlic powder
- Chives, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil, as needed
- Peel and grate the potatoes.
- Place the grated potato into a large bowl of ice water to remove surface starch. Give it a good stir, the water will go murky.
- Preheat oven to 200˚C.
- Line a baking tray with Supa Mama® kitchen foil and lightly spray with spray and cook.
- Strain potato shreds and rinse one last time, then transfer them to a large bowl squeezing out the excess water. Squeeze enough to ensure all the water comes out, you can pat with a paper towel if you need to.
- Add the onion, flour, eggs, cheese, garlic powder, chives and seasoning to the shredded potatoes. Mix together.
- Take a handful of the mixture and pack it on a baking sheet into desired hash brown shape.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until brown and crispy.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
These are delicious served as a starter or snack or are even great for kiddies’ lunches! Top them with cream cheese & some chives!