Mince stuffed peppers are seriously a great side or even main dish!
If you’d like, c or a flavourful spicy rice… the options are endless! Topped with delicious melty cheese and fresh herbs. YUM!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Supa Mama® kitchen foil
- Supa Mama® cling wrap
- 500g mince, lean beef
- 4 button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 2 sticks of celery, thinly chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 bell peppers
- 1 cup cheddar or gouda cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to to 180°C.
- Brown the mince in a large frying pan over medium high heat for 5 minutes or until almost cooked through. Add the mushrooms, corn kernels, celery, onion and garlic and cook until all the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, oregano and red pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- While the mince is cooking, cut off the tops of the peppers, spoon out the seeds and cut off any extra ribs (white pieces). Rinse the peppers and sprinkle lightly on the inside with salt and place in a microwave safe dish with 1/4 cup water. Cover with Supa Mama® cling wrap and microwave for 5 minutes or until they start to soften.
- Remove pepper from water and shake any excess of. Place them on a Supa Mama® kitchen foil lined baking tray and fill the them with the hot mince.
- Sprinkle the tops with cheese and bake for 20 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is browned. Serve hot.