An Italian twist on a pie, creating a beautiful, rich and cream ‘Rustic Pie Italian’ made quick, clean & convenient with my baking paper 😍
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Supa Mama® baking paper or kitchen foil
- 6-7 slices Prosciutto (cut in half for more slices if needed)
- 1 1/2 cups grated Fontina or Gruyère cheese
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup white sauce (very thick)
- 1 crust pie dough (store bought or homemade)
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C. Place a sheet of Supa Mama® baking paper on a baking tray.
- In a small pot add the butter and heat on medium until melted, add the flour and salt, whisk to combine, add the milk and continue whisking until very thick. Remove from heat, let cool while preparing the rest of the pie.
- Roll out the pie crust to 1-2cm thick on the prepared baking tray.
- Using half the Prosciutto, arrange a layer of on the pie crust, then top it with half the white sauce and with half the grated cheese, repeat for another layer.
- Fold the edges over the filling. Brush top with a little milk. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, let sit for 5 minutes, cut and serve. Enjoy!
Want to know more about how Supa Mama® #MakesItBetter? Read more about how you become an agent of change with every purchase.