I love a traditional meal just as much as I love trying something new in the kitchen! This Asian inspired sesame chicken & broccoli freezer meal is a great quick cook for when things get a little busier! 🥰
Less time doesn’t mean you need to skip on flavour!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Serves: 4-5 people
You will need:
- Supa Mama® large freezer bag
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- ½ head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or strips
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a pan on medium heat, toast the ginger, garlic, and sesame oil together until fragrant. About 2-3 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together green onions, soy sauce, rice vinegar, oyster sauce, and corn starch.
- Add the toasted garlic, ginger and oil to the bowl and mix.
- Add broccoli florets (optional here: I prefer to add them fresh to the chicken when cooking) and chicken pieces to the bowl mixture, toss around to ensure they are well covered and place in a large freezer bag.
- Freeze until you are ready to use or use it the next day! Make sure to write the date, it will keep well for 3 months if frozen. You can cook it immediately too should you desire.
- Remove from freezer.
- Allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator on a plate or empty dish.
- Place freezer bag contents onto a Supa Mama® baking paper or kitchen foil lined tray and cook at 180°C for ±15-20
- Alternatively, cook in your air fryer or in a wok.
- Air fryer: line your air fryer with Supa Mama® kitchen foil and place contents in the basket, cook for ±20 minutes at 180°
- Wok: over high heat, empty contents into wok and add ¼ cup water. Cook for 15-20 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice.
- The flavour will develop when the marinade is defrosting.
- This is great for a ‘chuck in the wok with no thought’ meal on the busier days.
Want to know more about how Supa Mama® #MakesItBetter? Read more about how you become an agent of change with every purchase.