What better way to celebrate #NationalFriedChickenDay than Amasi Fried Chicken?
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Marinade Time: 1 hour or overnight
Cook Time: 45 minutes
You will need:
- Supa Mama® large freezer bag
- 8 chicken pieces
- 500ml (2 cups) buttermilk or amasi
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, bruised
- 500ml (2 Cups) cake flour
- 10ml (2 tsp) baking powder
- 10ml (2 tsp) smoked paprika
- 5ml (1tsp) chilli powder
- 2.5ml (1/2tsp) ground cumin
- Pinch salt
- Oil for frying
- Supa Mama® kitchen foil
- Parsley to garnish
- Put the chicken pieces, buttermilk or amasi, bay leaves, onion and garlic in large Supa Mama® freezer bag, seal and toss around ensure they are all well coated. Place in the fridge and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- When you are ready to cook, preheat the oven to 180° Line a baking sheet with Supa Mama® kitchen foil.
- Combine all the coating ingredient and mix well.
- Heat your oil for frying in a large saucepan or pot.
- One piece at a time, take the chicken out of the marinade and roll it in the coating mixture.
- Deep-fry the chicken in bathes until crispy and golden brown.
- Arrange the deep-fried chicken on your lined baking tray and bake for 30 minutes until cooked through.
- Sprinkle the parsley over and serve.